Website Artex Risk Solutions
About the job
Artex is one of the world’s fastest-growing and most diverse insurance managers. With more than 500 employees in 16 worldwide locations, our employees work together to conceive, design and manage alternative risk transfer solutions that help our clients manage today’s challenges and tomorrow’s opportunities.
Artex is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Arthur J. Gallagher, one of the world’s largest insurance brokerage and risk management companies. Gallagher employs more than 45,000 people worldwide across 60 different countries, with a global network that can offer client service capabilities in more than 130 countries.
Artex Global Shared Services (AGSS) provides middle office services such as Accounting, Banking & Treasury, Compliance, Underwriting, IT etc. to the Artex offices across the world.
We are seeking a motivated and dynamic individual for the position of “Account Manager, Insurance Accounting” in our Sri Lanka office. The successful applicant will be responsible for collaborating with the client services team in the Cayman Islands office to provide support to captive insurance company clients. The Account Manager will primarily be responsible for the accounting and regular financial reporting of captive insurance clients.
- Provide accounting and administrative services to a portfolio of captive insurance client companies.
- Review and prepare bank and investment account schedules and reconciliations.
- Prepare un-audited financial statements and detailed working papers for a portfolio of captive clients on a monthly, quarterly or semi-annual basis as needed.
- Process and monitor ongoing operational and insurance expenses for a portfolio of captive clients on a daily/weekly basis.
- Prepares annual USGAAP and IFRS financials.
- Assist with the management of the external audit process by acting as a key contact and by providing all requested information to the client company’s auditors.
- Complete ad-hoc projects as set from time to time by the Cayman client service team.
- Take responsibility for your own performance in respect of workflow and process flow ensuring that identified service standards are met at all times.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of client deadlines and requirements.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of client service systems and procedures, identifying efficiencies and cost control opportunities.
- Follow all policies and procedures in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and Artex internal risk control standards.
- Support the Cayman team on projects as required.
Key Interfaces (Internal):
- Account Manager and/or Client Services Manager (Cayman Islands office)
- Associate Director (Cayman Islands office)
- Client Services Director (Cayman Islands office)
- ACMA / ACA / ACCA or CPA qualification or equivalent.
- BSc degree from a reputed university with a specialisation in Accounting or Finance will be advantageous.
- At least 5 years’ post qualification experience in an accounting field preferably in the insurance / reinsurance accounting sector.
- Knowledge of the international insurance / reinsurance market and regulatory environment would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, preferably, or IFRS.
- Advanced computer literacy skills, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Good math and problem solving skills.
- Strong financial reporting abilities, business process acumen and analytical skills.
- Experience of operating in a matrix management structure.
- Ability to cultivate and manage strong team, client, and vendor relationships.
- Ability to engage in high volume of activities, multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and demonstrate initiative.
- Motivated individual who is deadline driven, able to work independently and committed to delivering an excellent level of client service.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills with the ability to engage effectively at all levels.
- Strong communication skills.
The candidates who apply for the position should expect a long term career with the Company. The selected candidate should be able to join the company within one month and working hours are from 4pm to 1am SST, with ability to work outside of those hours as required.
If you are interested in this role, please send in your resume with details of two non-related referees and your contact telephone numbers to the email address email@example.com with the subject “Application for the post of “Account Manager, Insurance Accounting – Cayman Islands”.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ajg.com.