Website BAT Colombo
About the job
BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT SRI LANKA IS LOOKING FOR CORPORATE AFFAIRS MANAGER
JOB TITLE: Corporate Affairs Manager
FUNCTION: Legal & External Affairs
SENIORITY: Senior Management Level
LOCATION: Colombo, Sri Lanka
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The role will collaborate with the Head of Legal & External Affairs (LEX) and Regulatory Affairs Counsel to oversee the implementation of the LEX Strategy in Sri Lanka with focus on Corporate Affairs.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Media and Communications Strategy: Develop and communicate BAT Sri Lanka’s corporate positions and messages through effective use of various media platforms and adopting a campaign-oriented approach.
- Environmental, Social & Governance Management System: Take charge of developing and implementing the company’s ESG strategy.
- CSI Strategy: Align the company’s CSI plans with the overall CSI strategy and implement them in a timely manner to enhance corporate reputation and support business sustainability.
- Internal Communications: Own and lead the organization’s communications strategy, providing timely and accurate communications and advising on all communication-related matters.
- People Leadership: Foster the growth of LEX personnel to ensure a sustainable talent pipeline, with the right individuals possessing the necessary capabilities, at the appropriate time.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 8 or more years’ experience as a corporate affairs or corporate communications professional in a global FMCG or similar dynamic environment would be favourably considered
- Experience in leading and driving Environmental, Social & Governance Management system is an added advantage
- Strong command of English and Sinhala, Tamil would be an added advantage
- Good analytical, creative and narrative building skills with experience managing external stakeholders
- Strong influencing, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Insightful, comfortable with ambiguity, pro-active and collaborative
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
To apply for this job please visit careers.bat.com.