Website Creative Associates International
About the job
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.Creative Associates seeks a Deputy Chief of Party-Operations (DCOP-Ops) for the anticipated USAID-funded Sri Lanka Social Cohesion Activity which seeks to support Sri Lanka’s continued journey toward reconciliation by facilitating constructive interaction across diverse entities and identities to address grievances and misperceptions, fostering inclusive and transparent collaboration to improve equitable access to services and socioeconomic opportunity, and building individual and institutional capacities and leadership to interrupt existent or potential cycles of violence.The DCOP-Ops will be responsible for overseeing and managing the administrative, financial and operations functions of the activity in close coordination with the COP.Responsibilities
- Oversee all program operations including security, logistics, operations procurement, operations budgeting, financial matters, HR, and property assets.
- Serve as a member of the project’s senior management team.
- Oversee project security and risk management, including contingency planning, safety and security of staff, security of project offices and residences, and mitigation of reputational risks and digital security threats.
- Ensure that program operations are in accordance with USAID regulations and procedures, ensuring that all operations procurement processes are perceived as transparent, enabling fair and transparent procurement processes, review of financial management, and finalization and selection of vendor and partner support.
- Ensure that the most reasonable, fair, expeditious, and appropriate procurement choices are made pursuant to the contractor procurement guide.
- Supervise the program’s day-to-day field presence in the areas of operations.
- Supervise the daily financial operations of the program.
- Ensure personnel and HR, operations, procurement, finance, security, I.T., and logistics files and documentation are compliant, complete, and maintained as applicable in the relevant filing structure/system.
- Supervise the day-to-day implementation of operations transactions made under the program.
- Investigate and identify new ways of achieving project efficiencies.
- Coordinate with the Creative’ corporate office on all compliance issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 8 years of experience working on donor-funded projects in a related role.
- Minimum three years of field experience on USAID-funded or similar projects, including supervising experience leading and mentoring host-country teams.
- Experience working in developing countries, preferably complex and challenging field operations.
- Experience with a donor, contractor/IP, or international NGO managing an office.
- Fluent in USAID policies and procedures in regard to human resources, financial management, financial reporting, and operations procurement processes, systems, and grants management.
- Former and/or acting DCOP experience strongly preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required; proficiency in Tamil and/or Sinhalese preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.creativeassociatesinternational.com.