About the job
IFS is a billion-dollar revenue company with just under 6,000 employees on all continents. We deliver award winning enterprise software solutions through the use of embedded digital innovation and a single cloud-based platform to help businesses be their best when it really matters–at the Moment of Service™.
At IFS, we’re flexible, we’re innovative, and we’re focused not only on how we can engage with our customers, but on how we can make a real change and have a worldwide impact. We help solve some of society’s greatest challenges, fostering a better future through our agility, collaboration, and trust.
We celebrate diversity and accept that there are so many different perspectives in this world. As a truly international company serving people from around the globe, we realize that our success is tantamount
to the respect we have for those different points of view.
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to be part of a global, diverse environment; you will be joining a winning team with a commitment to sustainability; and a company where we get things
done so that you can make a positive impact on the world.
We’re looking for innovative and original thinkers to work in an environment where you can #MakeYourMoment so that we can help others make theirs.
If you want to change the status quo, we’ll help you make your moment. Join Team Purple. Join IFS.
As an Integrated Communications Writer specializing in HR, ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance), and Facilities, you will play a crucial role in shaping and delivering communications that effectively convey the organization’s initiatives, values, and updates across these key areas. The role involves crafting compelling and engaging content for various communication channels, ensuring consistent messaging, communications planning and contributing to the overall internal and external communication goals of the company.
1. Content Creation:
- Develop clear, concise, and engaging written content for a variety of communication materials, including internal announcements, newsletters, blog posts, press releases, and executive communications utilising AI tools where appropriate.
- Tailor content to effectively communicate HR updates and policies, ESG initiatives, and Facilities updates to both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
- Own and drive the annual communications calendar for HR, ESG and Facilities ensuring that regular comms are scheduled appropriately.
- Develop frameworks and toolkits to enable others to better plan and communicate
2. Messaging and Brand Consistency:
- Collaborate with HR, ESG, and Facilities teams as well as Marketing and Sales to understand key messages and initiatives, ensuring alignment with the company’s overall brand voice, values, and goals.
- Maintain consistency in messaging across all communications, promoting a unified image of the organization.
- Work closely with the ESG team to assist in translating complex sustainability and governance data into accessible and compelling content for various stakeholders, including investors, customers, and employees.
4. Change Management Communications:
- Support HR initiatives such as policy changes, benefits updates, and organizational restructuring by crafting communication materials that ease transitions for employees and promote understanding.
- Assist with M&A comms planning (IFS & acquired company) and execution in partnership with HR, ESG and Facilities M&A leads.
5. Facilities Communications:
- Collaborate with Facilities teams to communicate updates related to office safety, office spaces, remote work policies, and other facilities-related information.
- Develop materials that enhance employees’ understanding of facilities processes, amenities, and best practices.
6. Internal Engagement:
- Contribute to employee engagement efforts by developing content that fosters a sense of belonging and connection among employees, highlighting their role in the organization’s mission.
7. Crisis Communication:
- Assist in crafting communication materials during times of crisis, ensuring transparency, empathy, and accuracy in messaging.
8. Cross-functional Collaboration:
- Collaborate with design, multimedia, and marketing teams to enhance the visual appeal and effectiveness of communication materials.
- Coordinate with other communication writers and specialists to maintain consistency across different communication channels.
9. Executive Messaging / Branding:
- Planning, preparing and writing executive branding/PR for the CHRO across social media, press etc. both online and in person opportunities in partnership with the marketing and comms teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Communications, Journalism, English, or a related field. Master’s degree or relevant certifications are a plus.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in communications, preferably with a focus on HR, ESG, and/or Facilities topics.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills, with the ability to convey complex information in a clear, engaging manner to a high level of quality.
- Understanding of executive level communication needs and messaging
- Ability to collaborate with diverse teams, interpret technical information, and translate it for non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency in adapting content for various communication platforms, including print, digital, and social media.
- Experience with change management communication is a plus.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines effectively.
This is a hybrid role with an expectation of minimum 40% of the time working from one of the IFS Colombo offices.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.