Website Anantara Hotels, Resorts and Spas Tangalle
About the job
A luxury hospitality brand for modern travelers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and providing heartfelt hospitality in the world’s most exciting destinations.
From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery.
As an Italian Specialty Chef you will be completely responsible for directing, training, supervising, planning and coordinating all areas within the culinary department, specifically the Fine-dining Italian Restaurant, including any projects requested by the Director of F&B, or Executive Chef. You should be comfortable in leading and managing the kitchen team, and will provide support and training on an ongoing basis. It will be your responsibility to ensure only the highest quality of food & beverage for our guests through meticulous consistency, taste and presentation of all dishes. Additionally you will monitor the food inventory on a monthly basis, maintaining proper control of orders and purchases and ensuring that all deliveries are received and handled efficiently and in line with hotel standards. You will review the food cost analysis on a daily basis to ensure that it is in line with the budget, with the goal of securing profit margins while maintaining the Corporate image of the Company at all times. You will also oversee the cleanliness and hygiene of all kitchen spaces and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or any related Culinary degree
- Minimum 3-4 years of industry and culinary management experience in an Italian Signature Restaurant/Fine-Dining Restaurant
- Previous experience with controlling food and labor costs, demonstration cooking, menu development, pricing and training of culinary team members
- Excellent knowledge of Italian Cooking Styles
- Previous 5 Star hotel experience in an European/Asian or South East Asian property/properties would be an added advantage
- Eye for detail to achieve operational excellence
- Passion for leadership and teamwork
- Fluency in English is a must
To apply for this job please visit www.anantara.com.