Website Intrepid Travel
About the job
Intrepid Travel was born in 1989 with the simple mission to create positive change through the joy of travel.More than 30 years later, we’re proud to be the world’s largest travel B Corp with more than 950 small group trips in over 100 countries. After all these years, we’ve stayed true to our mission, ensuring our adventures are good for the places we go, good for the communities we visit and good for our travellers. That’s why we carbon offset all our trips and support local communities but we’re not stopping there. We want to be the best travel company not just in the world, but for the world.
In this role, you’ll be working closely with our Group Treasurer based in Melbourne, supporting and managing day-to-day Treasury tasks. Your responsibilities will include handling cash flow, analyzing financial data, and preparing forecasts for revenue, expenses, and loans. Plus, you’ll be a key player in devising strategies for cash management, investments, and risk reduction.This is a full-time permanent position, operating out of our office in Colombo. To provide the best experience to our people, this role would operate mostly out of our office with some work-from-home days.
A bit about you:
- Graduate in Accounting or equivalent professional qualification (CA/CIMA/ACCA)
- 5+ years of experience in a Finance role with 2 years’ experience in Treasury preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office products mandatory
- Previous experience in hedge accounting/ treasury related qualification would be an added advantage.
You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines. You will have a strong capacity to work within a flexible and dynamic environment and adapt easily to change. Most importantly you’ll align to Intrepid’s core values of integrity, innovation, fun, passion, growth and responsibility.
A bit about our people:
Our people reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we visit. Our team is made up of 58 nationalities across 46 countries, and Intrepid recognises that diversity makes us a stronger business. With a commitment to breaking down barriers, we support a culture where people can be themselves. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including First Nation People, LGBTQI+ people, people living with a disability, people from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, and people from different ethnicities, races, and religions.
- Work-life balance is important to us. That’s why we offer flexible work options, including work from home, with the option to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks a year!
- You can experience Intrepid yourself with a FREE trip every year, plus an extra week of leave to enjoy it. And score further travel discounts for you, family and close friends.
- We support e-learning and professional development, with diverse global career opportunities.
- We provide an employee Assistance Program, a 24/7 service that offers counselling for you and your family
- We want to support the difference you can make to causes that are important to you., That’s why we offer 20 hours of volunteer leave every year.
If you’re here to inspire, create, share and lead in what you do, we want to hear from you. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible – we may close advertising early if the right person is identified.
To apply for this job please visit careers.intrepidtravel.com.