Website World Vision Lanka
About the job
Job Location: Neluwa (Southern Province), Sri Lanka
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator is responsible for providing technical support by developing a comprehensive MEAL system enabling World Vision Lanka (WVL) programs to demonstrate the impact of its programs while ensuring greater accountability. S/he will harmonize the MEAL approaches to ensure mission efficiency and compliance with World Vision’s MEAL standards, guidelines, and procedures while providing technical support to design methodologies in ensuring the availability of valid and reliable information at the Area Program (AP).
- Lead the formulation and roll out of the project’s Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) plans in line with the broader Technical Program objectives.
- Ensure that all project indicators are tracked in a database on a regular basis, using the stipulated baselines, means of verifications and data sources in the project framework.
- Regular analysis of monitoring data.
- Work closely with Area Program (AP) teams and partners to strengthen systems for qualitative data gathering and analysis.
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of results-based project monitoring.
- Compile project and field-based data and analytical information for the preparation of donor reports.
- Develop visual presentation aids of data trends and/or results to be incorporated into reports, knowledge and/or outreach products.
- Responsible for the baseline and evaluation study the AP (sample selection, data collection, data entry, data analysis, reporting, etc.)
- Facilitate Annual Community Review process of the AP and recommendations.
- Support to Establish an Accountability Mechanism at Primary Focus Area (PFA) level in the AP.
- Document and share cross learning with appropriate group/stakeholders.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in MEAL and experience in a donor funded project is preferable with minimum of 3 years’ experience in Community Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences/ Development Management/ International Development or relevant field.
- Proven report writing skills.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs, SPSS, Epi info, NViVO and other statistical packages.
- Good analytical skills.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in English & Sinhala.
- The position requires field visits and willingness to travel to national office as and when required.
To apply for this job please visit www.wvi.org.