Website The Humane League
About the job
We exist to end the abuse of animals raised for food.
The Open Wing Alliance (OWA) Asia Coordinator plays a crucial role in expanding OWA’s presence in Asia and furthering our mission to free egg-laying hens from cages worldwide. You will be responsible for carrying out all aspects of our coalition’s work in Asia; from recruitment of new member organizations, to assisting with grant management. You will be supporting institutional campaigns training, supporting regional campaigns, attending OWA events in the region, leading projects to improve communication and integration within the alliance, and providing general support to OWA groups in Asia. You will develop and maintain collaborative relationships with partner organizations, empower groups to coordinate regional campaigns, oversee grants made in the region, and support groups in advancing institutional campaign work in their countries. This position reports to the VP of Global Programs.This is a full-time, remote position. This position requires regional and international travel for summits, conferences, and retreats, equivalent to approximately 3-4 times a year regionally and 2-3 times a year globally.This position is based in Asia within The Humane League US/Open Wing Alliance team. We are only able to consider applicants who reside and possess work authorization in Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Cambodia, Philippines, Japan, and Macau.
Your Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
Assisting with member recruitment in Asia
- Research and recruit new member organizations in key areas for outreach and campaigns
- Screen and assess the suitability of applicant groups in Asia to determine alignment with the scope of OWA and membership agreements
- Assist the OWA Membership Coordinator with onboarding new groups
Managing Asian member relations
- Ensure that Asian groups are supported and provides resources to members when needed
- Address questions, comments or concerns from partner organizations in a timely manner
- Work with the OWA Campaign staff to adapt campaign plans and outreach activities for areas throughout Asia and provide updates to each member group in the region
- Coordinate webinars and meetings between OWA groups in Asia to facilitate communication and collaboration
- Represent The Humane League and the Open Wing Alliance at regional conferences and events, such as the Animal and Vegan Advocacy Summit, Effective Altruism conferences, and Animal Alliance Asia conference.
- Liaise with translation services to improve resource accessibility
Assisting with grant management
- Assist the Director of the Open Wing Alliance and the OWA Grant Specialist with promoting our grant program in Asia, reviewing grant applications, ensuring Asian grantees follow reporting protocol, and conducting grant check-ins
Assisting with OWA events in the region
- Work with the OWA Event Coordinator and local organizations to plan and execute OWA Regional Summits and Training Events
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal ProfileRequired Skills
- Efficient project management skills, ability to self-direct and able to plan and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to research and navigate data, and to analyze information found to inform future projects.
- Innovative and persistent mentality, ability to be resourceful in problem solving if conflicts arise, and have an ambitious and strategic mindset to continually develop and expand OWA’s programs throughout Asia. Able to maintain a strategic and tactful approach to ensure that THL is well represented and to optimize communication between collaborating organizations.
- Highly organized and able to time manage, with excellent management of grant research and logistics. Ability to adapt to and understand cultural differences in an inclusive and equitable manner.
- Ability to safeguard confidential information and perform with a high level of discretion and integrity
- Fluency in English and the ability to write, present and speak clearly and concisely while interacting with staff, donors, volunteers, and the public. Effective communicating with groups of different backgrounds, and sharing campaign information across countries. Comfortable with public speaking and representing The Humane League and the Open Wing Alliance at conferences and events.
- Working proficiency with Google Suite, Salesforce, Slack, and Asana would be beneficial to start with, though training will be provided for all applications used in this role.
What’s on Offer?
- Flexible working options
- Great work culture
- Opportunity to make a positive impact
To apply for this job please visit thehumaneleague.snaphunt.com.