Website Arc'teryx Equipment
About the job
Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
As a Quality Specialist, you will conduct inspections and audits of apparel and accessory products at in-country manufacturing locations. You ensure consistency and effectiveness in achieving product quality requirements and quality performance. You implement quality control procedures to standard and coordinate action plans with Quality and Production Managers.Seeking candidates who are based in Colombo or Hambantota, and eligible to work in Sri Lanka.
Meet Your Future Team:
You will be working on a cross-functional team of experts responsible for the quality control, assurance, and compliance of our raw materials and finished goods. Our local Quality Team interfaces heavily with the Vancouver and Hong Kong based Sourcing and Quality teams, and you will have the opportunity to partner directly with these teams to achieve quality finished goods that meet the highest quality standards in technical apparel product.
If you were the Quality Specialist now, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- Supporting Development and Sourcing teams with sample inspection from development through pre-production stages
- Carrying out regular inline audits throughout production cycle, from raw materials to finished goods
- Ensuring product meets Arc’teryx construction methods and requirements; identifying problems and potential issues proactively
- Ensuring regular on-site functional tests are conducted per requirement (e.g., water leaking, wash test, etc.)
- Conducting statistical audits and final product inspections to ensure all shipments meet Arc’teryx quality standards
- Escalating quality issues and failed audits to quality leaders as required
- Completing various reports for each stage of inspection process on digital inspection platform (e.g. inline audit, AQL inspections)
- Reviewing inspection results with vendor counterparts
- Monitoring and tracking work in progress (WIP); escalating capacity and inspection timelines to supervisor
- Supporting continuous improvement initiatives and identifying potential Vendor Social Labour (VSL) issues
- Ensuring best practices and other relevant information communicated and implemented across relevant teams
- Reviewing and monitoring the Corrective Action and Preventive Actions (CAPA) reports from factories and highlighting improvements as required
- Implementing quality control procedures to each quality standard and coordinating action plans with Quality & Production Managers
- Performing quality process audits, reporting, and following up on corrective actions
Here are some of the things you could be working on in the future:
- Collaborating with Arc’teryx Design and Development teams on a direct development program
- Developing training materials and conducting training for Factory Certified Auditors (FCAs) and QCs
- Participating in on-boarding and developing new vendors
Are you our next Quality Specialist?
- You have a post-secondary degree in textiles and garment manufacturing
- You have 3-5 years QA/QC experience in textiles, hardgoods or a related industry
- You possess a strong understanding of best practices in fabric and garment sewing, taping, gluing, washing, printing and embroidering processes
- You are comfortable overseeing and communicating needs throughout production schedules
- You are proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You effectively balance autonomy and collaboration
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- You seek the best (sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right
Candidates with more experience may be considered for a Senior Specialist-level role
Arc’teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
Design your Purpose. Live our Values. DISRUPTIVE EVOLUTION. Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.COMMIT. Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.LIVE IT. Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.LEAVE IT BETTER. Create a better world, together.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.