Website Amnesty International
About the job
A main purpose of your role will be to assist in the development and implementation of research, campaigning, communication and growth strategies in South Asia.
This includes monitoring developments; managing information and communications systems; drafting and assisting in the production of documents as well as participating in the coordination of the work of the team. You will support the wider team with administrative duties and other support including in relation to field work and in response to crisis.
As a Research, Campaigns and Communications Assistant at Amnesty International, you will have an understanding of human right issues and have the capability to gather and process human rights information. You will also have strong communication skills with the ability to work in a team and maintaining an office environment.
- Assist the South Asia teams’ research, campaigning, communication and growth activities by gathering and managing human rights-related information, by liaising with national and local contacts and relevant Amnesty International members, media monitoring, internet searches and manual and electronic filing in relevant databases, using relevant language.
- Develop, maintain and manage administrative and communications systems, including setting up new systems where necessary in support of research, campaigning and growth activities; manage files, records and other information retrieval systems where necessary within the organization’s self-servicing guidelines.
- Contribute to the development of programme-wide strategies and plans for research, campaigning and growth and provide input into internal discussions on the AI mission, policy and organizational issues in order to increase the effectiveness of AI’s work.
- Participate in coordinating the work of the team and contribute to the overall flexibility of resource use, including through providing cover for other programme staff as agreed with management, and participating in recruitment and other corporate tasks.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- General knowledge of the region, and of any of the countries covered by the South Asia Regional office. Specifically, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Maldives, Nepal and Bhutan.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, and Sinhala or Tamil. Candidates familiar with other languages spoken in the region will also be given preference.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, orally and in writing, and communicate complex issues with sensitivity to the audience.
- Experience of managing conflicting demands, meeting deadlines and adjusting priorities
- Understanding of equal opportunities, cultural diversity and gender issues as well as a commitment to apply relevant policies.
Please see attached job description for more information on responsibilities, skills and experience required.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they’re denied. And whether we’re applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we’re all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
For further information on our benefits, please visit https://www.amnesty.org/en/careers/benefits/
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click ‘Apply for this Role’ below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality. Let’s get to work.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy BEFORE the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities, therefore we recommend you apply now if you are interested.
Amnesty International is committed to being an inclusive employer and providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all. If you would like to receive any information in a different way or would like us to do anything differently to help you apply for our roles, please get in touch with the team by emailing email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit careers.amnesty.org.