Website Sheraton Hotels & Resorts Colombo
About the job
Job Number 23151779
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Sheraton Colombo Hotel, 265 Galle Road, Colombo, Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Responsible for successfully executing all operations in two departments (Front Office and Food and Beverage/Culinary or Engineering/Maintenance and Housekeeping) and managing staff. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures that standards and procedures are being followed. Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals.
Education And Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Providing For And Managing The Guest Experience
- Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- Assists employees in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceeds them.
- Ensures that all employees, team leaders (if applicable) and manager(s) understand the brand service culture.
- Responds timely to customer service department request.
Supporting Safety Standards and Work Procedures
- Implements property emergency plan.
- Provides a safe working environment in compliance with OSHA/MSDS.
- Implements and sustains property accident prevention programs.
- Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
- Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
Managing Property Operations and Department Budgets
- Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity, goal achievement and to determine areas in need of cost reduction and program improvement.
- Assists/teaches the team scheduling (using Scheduling Tool) against guest and hours/occupied room goals.
- Ensures barriers to achieving goals are being discussed and resolved by the team.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
- Ensures that the team has the capabilities to meet expectations.
- Ensures that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest tracking and productivity.
- Leads by example and demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Ensures that staffing levels are appropriate to exceed guest expectations.
- Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
- Maintains current licenses and permits as prescribed by local, state and federal agencies.
- Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters.
- Solicits feedback for continuous improvement.
- Ensures training plans are in place and being executed.
- Ensures all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement Meetings (CIMS) are taking place weekly in each department.
- Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
- Provides support for operations functions as appropriate
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We’ve been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We invite, we welcome, and we connect guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you’re a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experience, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton. Join us on our mission to be ‘The World’s Gathering Place’. In joining Sheraton Hotels & Resorts, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and becomethe best version of you.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.marriott.com.