Website Intrepid Trave
About the job
Intrepid Travel was born in 1989 with the simple mission to create positive change through the joy of travel.More than 30 years later, we’re proud to be the world’s largest travel B Corp with more than 950 small group trips in over 100 countries. After all these years, we’ve stayed true to our mission, ensuring our adventures are good for the places we go, good for the communities we visit and good for our travellers. That’s why we carbon offset all our trips and support local communities but we’re not stopping there. We want to be the best travel company not just in the world, but for the world.The Opportunity:In this position, you’ll play a vital role in supporting our team’s operations. Your main focus will be on coordinating and supervising administrative duties, communicating with clients, and making sure that tailor-made travel plans run like a charm. Your tasks will involve a range of administrative assignments such as updating bookings and maintaining accurate customer records. You’ll also handle transactions using Starship, process payments, and follow up on passenger details. On top of that, you’ll have the chance to shine by answering phone inquiries, updating cost sheets, and sending them to clients.This is a full-time permanent position, where you will work in our office in Colombo, Sri Lanka. To provide the best experience to our people, this role would operate in our office with the opportunity to work from home on occasion.Some of the experience you’ll bring with you will include:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Sales and/or Customer Service, preferably within telephone and/or Web-based environments
- Proven track record in sales and customer service
- Proven experience in the travel industry, preferably in a role involving tailor-made travel planning
- Strong knowledge of various destinations, travel products, and experiences
- Exceptional writing skills and a proficient command of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
You will have teamwork skills, coupled with the ability to work independently. Your communication and collaboration in a multicultural, global, and fast-paced setting will be the catalyst to your success in this role. Most importantly you’ll align to Intrepid’s core values of integrity, innovation, fun, passion, growth and responsibility.A bit about our people:Our people reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we visit. Our team is made up of 58 nationalities across 46 countries, and Intrepid recognises that diversity makes us a stronger business. With a commitment to breaking down barriers, we support a culture where people can be themselves. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including First Nation People, LGBTQI+ people, people living with a disability, people from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, and people from different ethnicities, races, and religions.Work perks:
- Work-life balance is important to us. That’s why we offer flexible work options, including work from home, with the option to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks a year!
- You can experience Intrepid yourself with a FREE trip every year, plus an extra week of leave to enjoy it. And score further travel discounts for you, family and close friends.
- We support e-learning and professional development, with diverse global career opportunities.
- We provide an employee Assistance Program, a 24/7 service that offers counselling for you and your family
- We want to support the difference you can make to causes that are important to you., That’s why we offer 20 hours of volunteer leave every year.
If you’re here to inspire, create, share and lead in what you do, we want to hear from you. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible – we may close advertising early if the right person is identified.
To apply for this job please visit careers.intrepidtravel.com.