Website EDOTCO Group Colombo
About the job
- Be the key liaison and in-house Counsel for all Corporate Affairs including legal, regulatory, governance and compliance matters.
- Drafting, reviewing, preparation and finalization of all commercial agreements and other documentation on behalf of the Company with the participation of all internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide legal advice and guidance to the organization on a wide range of legal issues, as and when required.
- Manage and mitigate legal risks and ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and/or regulatory directives.
- Align new developments or opportunities with overall business strategy to ensure maximum business opportunities and minimal regulatory risk.
- Liaising with all internal and external stakeholders (including) all user divisions of ESLL, EDOTCO Group, Customers, Company Secretaries, Regulatory and Government bodies/Institutions, and any other applicable stakeholders as may be required.
- Implementing compliance program to ensure adherence to Company policies, relevant laws, legal agreements, regulations, and industry standards.
- Conducting compliance audits, risk assessments and development of risk mitigation strategies.
- Develop and execute PR strategies to manage the organization’s reputation and enhance its public image.
- Prepare, review and/or coordinate press releases, speeches, and other external communications.
- Identify and address social and environmental issues.
- Launch CSR programmes or initiatives in line with the long-term sustainability goals of company.
Key AccountabilitiesWorking RelationshipEducationCertificationsSkillsCompetenciesType And Length Of Experience Required
- An Attorney-at-Law or Barrister-at-Law
- Bachelors in Law or Masters in Law would be an added advantage
- 4 to 5 year’s experience in the telecommunications industry with exposure to the regulatory and public affairs.
- Experienced in engaging with the Telecommunications Regulatory Commission, Board of Investment of Sri Lanka and other Government Authorities
- Should possess an analytical mindset, adaptive and proactive in a working environment constantly characterized by change.
- Prior experience in corporate communications, governance and/or sustainability would be an added advantage.
- Should have a strong interpersonal skill and excel in verbal and written communication skills.
- Work independently.
- Excellent in Microsoft office.
To apply for this job please visit career10.successfactors.com.