About the job
MetaGravity is a deep-technology startup headquartered in London which is solving the concurrency problem in simulation for massive virtual worlds and games. Current game engines and game servers can handle a peak of ~100 players in a self-consistent “instance”. However, the next generation of online games and metaverse experiences demand much larger simulated realities beyond what is currently feasible — think, tens of thousands to millions of players and AI beings! MetaGravity is solving this problem. We’ve worked from first principles to build distributed computing infrastructure that is limitless in its ability to scale, thus empowering creators to craft truly living, breathing worlds.
Our team is composed of seasoned entrepreneurs and innovators with decades-long experience in distributed systems, supercomputing, game engine development and AAA game production. We are deeply committed to our cause, believe in its immense upside potential and embrace bold, first-principles thinking in our approach to problem-solving.
We are looking for an experienced full stack developer to join us at MetaGravity and own the development of internal/external apps (including Web3 solutions), as well as act as a team lead across various projects. As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you will be contributing to the MetaGravity Platform for building and operating games and virtual deployments on the cloud as well as contributing to our core MMO game technology – Edge of Chaos. You should possess a strong passion for software development and a deep, intuitive understanding of it. Ideally, you have prior experience in PaaS/SaaS platform development, and you thrive in agile and dynamic team environments. You take pride in the quality of your work and are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement
Required Experience and Skills:
- Hands-on experience with responsive design and performance optimization.
- Proficiency in cloud service platforms such as AWS and GCP
- Deep understanding of testing methodologies and frameworks.
- Solid grasp of agile methodologies.
- Proven experience mentoring junior developers or leading teams.
- Strong knowledge of web security best practices.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Preferred (but not required)
- Familiarity with Solidity and Ethereum smart contract development.
- Knowledge of web3.js or ethers.js libraries.
- Familiarity with blockchain infrastructure services like Infura, Truffle, or Hardhat.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and processes.
- Hands-on experience with Rust.
- Familiarity with containerization (Docker) and orchestration tools (Kubernetes).
- Experience with infrastructure as code using Terraform.
As a senior full-stack software engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading the technical design and implementation of our applications
- Writing clean, efficient, and maintainable code that meets industry standards and best practices
- Participating in code reviews, testing, and debugging to ensure high-quality software delivery
- Continuously monitoring and improving the performance, security, and scalability of our software systems
- Staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends in web development and incorporating them into our software solutions
We operate on a hybrid remote/cluster resource model. This role can be located in one of our development hubs in Colombo (Sri Lanka). Fully remote opportunities (work anywhere worldwide) are available for exceptional candidates.
We offer competitive salary and equity, as well as opportunities for growth and advancement within the company. If you have a passion for network programming and a drive to work with cutting-edge technology, we encourage you to apply.
Please include these where possible:
- Your CV or LinkedIn
- Github or any other samples of your personal work
To apply for this job please visit metagravity.bamboohr.com.