About the job
Why Ansell?Ansell is a world leader in providing superior health and safety protection solutions that enhance human well-being. The world’s need for better protection never stops, so Ansell is constantly researching, developing and investing to manufacture and distribute cutting edge product innovation and technology, marketed under well-known brands that customers trust. Operating in two main business segments, Industrial and Healthcare, Ansell is the market leader that continues to grow, employing 14,000 people worldwide.For more information about our Company, our People and our Values, please follow the link https://www.ansell.comAnsell is looking for Sr Specialist, Category Planning to be based in Cyberjaya / Sri Lanka.You will bear the overall responsibility over the S&OE (Sales & Operational Execution) for Life Sciences products. You will need to manage a high growth product line that is difficult to forecast with traditional statistical methods. You will be the key point of contact for all regional availability, inventory and lead time enquiries raised by Regional planning teams.What you can expect from Ansell?
- Work for a world leader in the health and safety protection solutions industry.
- A secure workplace with competitive remuneration and annual bonus based on own and company performance.
- Flexible schedule with a combination of home and office-based working.
- Inclusive, collaborative, and supportive work atmosphere.
- A diverse and international work environment.
What your role will be in details?You will be:
- Creating firm (constrained) finished goods PO to Source(s) of Supply
- Plan replenishment order changes (quantity or date)
- Planning the portfolio with high level of intimacy with downstream regional stakeholders and upstream manufacturing partners to optimize and match supply with demand in a capacity constrained environment, constantly optimizing and troubleshooting different types of capacity constraints (i.e. dip/pack capacity, labor, sterilization, etc.) across multiple sites.
- Making sure allocation plans are executed with precision across all regions and Direct Ship customers.
- Lead weekly review meetings with plants and suppliers to ensure effective management of short to mid-term supply requirements are met and coordinate with plants where necessary when part of the process is done inhouse (sterilization, packing, etc).
- Actively partner with Global Logistics Control Tower to drive priorities
- Minimize and proactively communicate supply & critical raw material constraints in the order horizon, escalate to SBU planning manager in case of unavailability.
- Perform weekly review of Global Net CBO Warehouse/Direct Ship & identify root causes and recovery plans with demand planners or plant planners
- Perform weekly review of inventory stock cover & identify root causes for excess / low inventories alerts with demand planners or plant planners.
- Promote & execute inter-region inventory transfers if required.
- Escalate impact of short-term demand & supply changes to SBU Planning Manager.
- Collect, understand, (update and challenge when necessary) information from plant (in-house) regarding the capacity parameters such as shop calendars, OEE, line speed/cycle time assumptions.
- Collect information from Sourcing/OS suppliers regarding weekly/monthly capacities
- Partners closely with Global PPMs for the portfolio and Regional Planners to adjust for constantly evolving supplier network, where products are frequently changing SoS. As a result, this position needs to plan in alignment with broader functional needs of the business (i.e. customer validations, QARA timelines).
- Raise MDM change requests when required on updating parameters in different ERP systems
- Product Life cycle management (NPDs for example) – Support SBU Planning Manager in creation of any local ERP set-up requirements in collaboration with regional Demand Planning teams and Regional Coordinators
What will you bring?
- A bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or related fields, or relevant work experience
- Formal supply chain qualification (e.g. APICS, CIPS or equivalent) desirable.
- 5 to 7 years of pucharsing, Supply Planning or Logistics industry experience a plus
- Experience/exposure to managing customer relationships with respect to product availability
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of end-to-end Supply Planning process and customer service
- Experience with ERP / MRP replenishment systems
- Understanding and appreciation of master data, strong Excel skills and experience using modern ERP/E2E planning systems (Oracle, SAP and Logility)
- Understanding and knowledge of the concept of Bill of Materials and related replenishment strategies
- High numeracy and analytical skills
- Problem solving & root cause analysis skills
- Continuous improvement mindset, curious
Equal Opportunity Statement Ansell commits to securing an equal opportunity recruitment and selection process.All interested candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, ethnic origin, religion, disability, genetic information or any other factors that could be deemed discriminatory.
To apply for this job please visit ansell.taleo.net.